Project Management Training
Delivering Successful Projects
Full course – 2 days in-person or Abridged course – 1 day in-person at our Allied Projects Head Office*, located in East Perth WA
*Online options available upon request.
February, April, June, August, September, November
We can deliver this training course at other times, if required.
We can deliver this training at your office for groups larger that 5 people, if required.
Over the course of your career in the delivery of projects, you may find yourself working for both the Owner and the Contractor. Each side manages project delivery differently – the Owner manages at the higher level of detail while the Contractor manages at the lower level of detail.
This course delivers practical training in how to confidently establish, set-up and manage the delivery of projects, irrespective of whether you find yourself working for the Owner or the Contractor.
Best suited for the discerning project manager, engineering leads, estimators, planners and schedulers, cost controllers, procurement and contracts, and construction leaders who would like to learn how successful project delivery comes together.
This training course is aimed at individuals in the engineering and construction fields, who have a strong background in project delivery with an intermediate knowledge level of project controls.
We can deliver and customise this training course for individuals at different skill levels, if required.
- Introduction to project controls
- Project life cycle
- Estimate, budget, and control accounts
- Interface management
- Planning and scheduling
- Progress measurements
- Project accounting
- Earned value management
- Project reporting
- have a 360-degree appreciation of how your role contributes to the overall delivery of successful projects:
- estimating > planning/scheduling > cost > contracts and procurement > project accounting > change management > engineering and construction progress >project reporting
- understand real world, practical ways of applying project controls to your engineering and construction projects.
- have awareness of where to find international project controls standards applicable to Australian projects.
- gain the confidence to actively engage with the project delivery team to ask those pressing questions that could make or break your project.
- become conversant in everyday project controls language.
- have working knowledge of complex project controls processes and calculations that enables accurate and reliable reporting.
- have the confidence to defend your project calculations and reports.